The module will look at international trends in music education programming and outreach initiatives, taking as an example the Finnish educational system and demonstrating case studies of collaboration in networks. The module will look at the importance of introducing young children at a very early age to classical music via social and creative programmes adapted worldwide, such as El Sistema. We will cover aspects like creative well-being, what it takes to be a good educator, as well as the tools and methods towards effective project management.
- What is Music Education and what is it for? What do we benefit from music?
- Experiencing music in the prenatal stage, musical development of children, educating teenagers and adults, intergenerational education, educating elderly people
- Who does music help and how?
- How to discover and nurture talents? Technique vs individuality, emotions and social skills
- Personality of the teacher, mentor
- How to connect with organisations around you and find a common ground for interdisciplinary projects